[Cabs-talk] FW: [Transition-Council] Got Apps? - workshop

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Jul 25 22:11:39 UTC 2011

FYI

  _____

From: transition-council at googlegroups.com
[mailto:transition-council at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Rueda
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:06 PM
To: Transition Council; braille-n-teach at mlist.cde.ca.gov
Subject: [Transition-Council] Got Apps? - workshop

       I've been asked to share this workshop announcement.  It may be the
perfect seminar for your students to attend as the start of another school
year approaches and as they seek out what they need in the world of apps for
their phones.
Richard

**

Got Apps?

So you bought a smartphone. Now what do you do with it?  If you have an
Android or iPhone, come hear about the coolest accessible applications
available for your phone.

Atttend the next LightHouse Technology Seminar:

August 16, 2011

Presentations: 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. PDT

The seminar will discuss applications for the Apple and Android cell phone
platforms. The agenda will include a conversation about GPS for the
smartphone, Optical Character Recognition, book reading applications and
more.

You can participate in one of the following ways:

1. Tune in via live audio stream on our website.

2. Dial in with our telephone conferencing service.

3. Attend in person and talk to the presenters after the seminar.

RSVP to 415-694-7326 or rsvp at lighthouse-sf.org. Conference call and live
stream instructions will be provided with RSVP.

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired

214 Van Ness Ave.

San Francisco