[Cabs-talk] Information Needed : San Jose Vision Services

Miguel Mendez miguelmendez7 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:58:49 UTC 2013

Hello Sanjay and Chitra,

I very, very highly doubt that the information you were given is correct. I
was never a student in the Evergreen School District, but I imagine that
there, just like in countless other school districts, accomodations for
blind/visually impaired students are expected to be made within the public
school system. Requiring large print or other blindness related
accomodations is in my opinion, not a sufficient grounds on which to
recoomend (much less require) private/special school enrollment. I hope
others with more knowledge on the subject can provide a more thorough
response. In the mean time, I will look for individuals/resources that may
be beneficial to you. I am extremely glad that you posted your question on
this listserv. Please continue to monitor the listserv for responses, and
please pose any other questions you may have out here, as those of us on
this listserv are individuals who are committed to the goal of opening the
doors of information and opportunity for the blind. If you wish to email me
off the listserv, my email address is miguelmendez7 at gmail.com . If you are
not already subscribed, I suggest that you also subscribe to the NFB of
California's listserv (nfbc-info at nfbnet.org).

Warmly,

Miguel Mendez