[Cabs-talk] NFB training center justification-please help

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:19:04 UTC 2015

Hello:
Have you first had a conversation with your rehabilitation counselor about training and the Louisiana Center for the blind?  As well, have you done your homework on all three of our training centers, the Colorado Center for the blind and blindness learning in new dimensions Inc?  Your rehab counselor is going to want you to have done that legwork and to know what you need and how it's going to benefit you individually. So, I would start to have. The conversation with your counselor and go into the process acquainting them with you and your needs before making the assumption that they won't pay for training (some counselors are  really open to the idea of a training center of the Federation.
I'm happy to give you contact information for each of our centers and some alumni of each, just contact me off list.
Darian of

Sent from my iPhone