[Cabs-talk] Need Help In Chemistry

Melissa Hadiyanto melissaadjaja at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:39:29 UTC 2017

Hello all. I am new to this list and wanted to reach out due to a situation
I'm facing. My name is Melissa. I'm 24. I go to community college and am
enrolled in an intro to chemistry course. I want to take the class to try
it out and see if I like it. I also just want to have fun with it because I
didn't get the chance to do it in high school. Today was my first day of
class. The professor went through the syllabus and safety procedures for
the lab. As soon as she saw my cane she started to ask me how I was going
to do the work. She also kept mentioning about how dangerous it is. I have
never taken a lab like this so I didn't know how to answer her. But I know
that there are blind chemists out there and that it is possible for me to
have fun and take this class. I know that there are blindness techniques
for performing experiments. I just don't know what they are being really
inexperienced. So I am reaching out to you for advice and support. What can
I do about this? Who are the people that I can connect with to talk about
this?

Melissa Hadiyanto