[Cabs-talk] November 4 & 5: Superfest International Disability Film Festival!

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Tue Oct 31 21:48:23 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

Get ready for the 31st year of Superfest International Disability Film Festival<http://www.superfestfilm.com/> this weekend on November 4 and 5 in San Francisco and Berkeley. We're thrilled to have such a spectacular and diverse lineup, co-produced with our friends at the Paul K. Longmore Institute on Disability at San Francisco State University<http://longmoreinstitute.sfsu.edu/>.
November 4, 2017, 2 p.m. & 6 p.m.
The Magnes Collection of Art and Life, Berkeley
Buy tickets to Saturday's Superfest showings<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/superfest-international-disability-film-festival-saturday-berkeley-tickets-37922745954?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing>.

November 5, 2017, 1 p.m.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco
Buy tickets to Sunday's Superfest showing<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/superfest-international-disability-film-festival-2017-sunday-tickets-37789349963?aff=escb&utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=cp&utm-term=eventcard>?.
At Superfest 2017, more people with disabilities will be telling their own stories through film than ever before. Our filmmakers are geographically diverse; we'll be screening films shot and produced in Myanmar, Colombia, Germany, Vietnam, Australia, Japan, Canada, Italy and the United States. Furthermore, we will welcome filmmakers from more than half of these films in dialogue with our local community and each other to deepen the global conversation and movement around disability film.
Superfest's goal is to provide access to each person who attends the festival. For this reason, we offer open captioning, audio description, integrated seating for wheelchair riders, a scent-free zone, quiet space, ASL interpreting, and more.

Our decision to use open audio description has been core to our festival. At the same time, we understand that it creates a barrier for some festival goers. Thanks to our community's support, this year we are introducing a separate screening room on Saturday to provide another form of access. Since space is limited and available on a first come first serve basis, please contact Emily Beitiks to reserve a spot at beitiks at sfsu.edu<mailto:beitiks at sfsu.edu>.

Read more about audio description on the Longmore blog<https://longmoreinstitute.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/superfest-2017-the-complex-world-of-access/>.

We hope you'll join us! Get your tickets here<http://www.superfestfilm.com/tickets/> or peruse our full line-up of films<http://www.superfestfilm.com/2017-films/>.
Best,
LightHouse for the Blind & the Paul K. Longmore Institute on Disability at San Francisco State?

Join us on November 4th and 5th for Superfest International Disability Film Festival<http://www.superfestfilm.com>! It's the longest running disability film festival in the world, and celebrates cutting-edge cinema that portrays disability through a complex, unabashed and engaging lens. Learn more and reserve your tickets<http://www.superfestfilm.com> or RSVP the the event on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/events/224663721383626/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22:%22%5B%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22:%5C%22page%5C%22,%5C%22mechanism%5C%22:%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22,%5C%22extra_data%5C%22:%5B%5D%7D%5D%22,%22has_source%22:true%7D>.