[Cabs-talk] LightHouse for the Blind's YES Weekend Workshop

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Tue Jan 29 02:00:21 UTC 2019

Dear Friend,

There's no time like the present to practice and hone the most critical components of a happy and healthy life - communication! In this workshop from February 8 - 10<http://lighthouse-sf.org/mc-events/yes-say-what-communicate-with-clarity-in-applications-and-in-person/?mc_id=4269>, we'll focus on how to utilize advocacy in written and verbal communications, across work, school and personal situations.
We'll also dive into tools to understand educational, financial and corporate systems, including the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Accounts<http://lighthouse-sf.org/2018/08/10/calable-a-new-way-for-californians-on-ssi-to-save-money/>. These accounts allow blind workers to keep their benefits while saving up to $100,000 toward their future goals.

By the end of the workshop, students will be better equipped with tools to navigate and locate resources, financially empower themselves and communicate with confidence and clarity.?

Sign up now at: http://lighthouse-sf.org/mc-events/yes-say-what-communicate-with-clarity-in-applications-and-in-person/?mc_id=4269
Sincerely,
Caroline Hart, Communications Associate at the LightHouse?

We're hiring! Join the LightHouse team<http://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/>.