[CABS-Talk] Important: a note from the president

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:55:38 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Hopefully you didn't think this was from the United States President.
I will never occupy that position; that would be unconstitutional. (I
was born in another country.) Also, I have much more fun advocating
for the groups that I'm a part of, including CABS.

We had a great turnout on both of our committee calls yesterday, and
are super excited to begin working with some of the ideas that were
shared on each. There will be more details on that later. For now, I'd
like to share some news about a conference call coming up this Sunday.
That's right--this is incredibly short notice--but we have faith that
you will find this to be an awesome one!

Each year, the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) offers hundreds
of thousands of dollars in scholarships to students, from high school
seniors to college students and beyond. The most recent of these
students included Carla Scroggins (2017), Trisha Kulkarni (2018), and
Gene Kim (2019). All of these students were either from or attending
school in California. And I am honored to know all of them personally.
The point is, California has tons of phenomenal students to be proud
of, and you could be one of them! Come join us this Sunday, at 7:00
PM, if you have questions on the scholarship application process, or
just to network with some other great students, some of whom are past
scholarship recipients.