[CABS-Talk] Keeping up with CABS

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 02:42:01 UTC 2021

Hey folks,

Welcome to another edition of Keeping Up with CABS, brought to you by
your favorite apple crisp baker. The one I made the other disappeared
incredibly. Want the recipe? Let me know and I’ll send it along,
although honestly I never follow the recipe, so it’s not of too much
worth. You’ll have to visit me to get some, so let me know when you’re
on the way, and I’ll stick one in the oven.

Not too many announcements this week. First, congratulations to the
golden state champions! Y’all CABSolutely crushed it at NABS trivia.

California convention is October 21-24, so just a few days from now.
Details at nfbcal.org/convention. Don’t forget to register. We’ve been
hard at work putting it together.

In order to run for board positions this year, CABS dues will be
accepted until Saturday, October 23rd, at 9:30 AM. What a coincidence…
That’s when our meeting starts. Venmo @Cricket-Bidleman with “CABS
dues:” followed by your name in the memo line. If you have trouble
finding me, send me a note and I’ll request you. If you don’t pay your
dues, you will not be eligible to run for positions, regardless of
whether or not you meet the other requirements outlined in the
national guidelines. I don’t have SquareCash, CashApp, or PayPal, but
our treasurer does have PayPal, so let me know if you need to pay that
way and we’ll work something out.

We also have an auction basket full of international goodies. I don’t
have auction details yet, but I’ll let you know when you can start
bidding. Keep an eye on my social media.

On a personal note, and this has nothing to do with CABS, I’m doing
some cool journalism projects exposing the inaccessibility of learning
management systems (LMS’s) like Canvas. I’m focusing on Canvas and
K-12 students for now, so send me those parents, students, special
educators, and anyone else who might be interested. Thanks so much.

And that’s about it. Wishing you all the love in the world. I hope
you’re blessed with less homework than me. Don’t’ forget to join the
CABS meeting on Saturday, October 23rd at 9:30 AM. Here’s the Zoom
link: tinyURL.com/CXBZoomRoom.

If you need to contact me for CABS or journalistic purposes, my number
is (805) 372-9550.

Cheers,
cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022