[CABS-Talk] Are yall ready?

shelbi felter sfelts at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 02:31:38 UTC 2022

Shelbi Felter B.A.
College of education CSULB
Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle sparkle’s

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tim Elder via California-Presidents <california-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Date: September 20, 2022 at 7:05:08 PM PDT
To: california-presidents at nfbnet.org
Cc: president at nfbcal.org
Subject: [California-Presidents] FW: Register for the National Federation of the Blind of California State Convention in San Diego November 3-6.

Friends,

Are you ready to get back together again?  I am.  I’m looking forward to connecting with many of you in person at the Courtyard San Diego Old Town by Marriott on November 3—6.  Be sure to register at the early bird rates.
http://www.nfbcal.org/convention/

And then get your discount hotel room while rooms are still available.
https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1653423990917&key=GRP&app=resvlink
Note that there are some pesky access issues with the shopping cart timer that we are working on with the hotel chain.  While it is possible to book a room on the website, you can also call 619-260-8500.  When calling the hotel please make sure you indicate you are making a reservation for the National Federation of the Blind.  Room Rate: $149.00 plus Tax.

Consider a train adventure.  Amtrak serves the San Diego Old Town station very near the hotel.  I and my family of five already have our roundtrip train tickets  (total of $600 for the whole family) for the Coast Starlight to Los Angeles
https://www.amtrak.com/coast-starlight-train

And Pacific Surfliner to San Diego.
https://www.amtrak.com/pacific-surfliner-train

San Diego airport is also nearby with some good deals from Southwest and other discount airlines.
https://www.san.org/

Our theme this year is Together: Reuniting and Reclaiming Our Right to Equality.  Expect to hear about advancements in voice control user interfaces, electronic voting, autonomous vehicles, new technology available from the libraries for the blind, mental health post pandemic, entrepreneurial self employment and business start-ups, and an appearance from our very own national President Mark Riccobono.  We’ll enjoy an exhibit hall, breakouts, a fiesta style banquet and a whole lot of friendship and optimism about life.  Grab a friend and come to a beautiful coastal destination where we can share thoughts about blindness and where our movement should go next.  I’m looking forward to celebrating together with you.

Tim Elder
President
president at nfbcal.org<mailto:president at nfbcal.org>
(916) 382-0372
http://www.nfbcal.org/

Did you know that blind Californians are holding monthly meetings in your region over Zoom and telephone?  Check out our virtual local chapter and division meetings.  All are welcome to attend.
http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/