[Cabs] SNL Clip of Gov. Paterson skit

Anna Roberts-Dominguez annalizeme at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:28:54 UTC 2008

Hello All,

After recieving a copy of the NFB's press release concerning the SNL
skit of Governor Paterson, the blind governor of New York, I decided
that I had to see the skit.  I agree that the immature, or rather
superficial humor portrays blindness in a negative fashion that
contributes, in varrying ways, to incorrect assumptions about blind
people that may directly contribute to the economic and social
struggles we face.  However, I also think everyone should have the
oppertunity to decide for themselves if there is an offense.  As I
watched the clip, I noticed how much the skit made fun of Paterson's
drug scandal as well as his unpreparedness for the office, so I don't
agree that the entire skit his solely making fun of his blindness even
though I feel the blindness issues brought up are valid.  Check it out
for yourself.  You may need to copy and paste it in to your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEIZLxFyFA&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=snl%20patterson&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:officialiurl=http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/gbEIZLxFyFA/hqdefault.jpg

Anna Roberts-Dominguez