[Cabs] Going back to school

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:24:12 UTC 2008

Hi Alicia,

I agree that it's important to specialize in the field that you're
most passionate about--not necessarily what others think you should do
or where all the jobs are. But, I also understand that it can be
difficult to determine where your passion really lies.

Though I don't know anything about Colorado Christian or UNC, I also
think that most universities are pretty much the same blindness-wise.
Some have more advanced DSS services than others, but ultimately
success lies within the blind student, not the services provided by
the university. There are some situations when it is actually
advantageous to have a smaller DSS presence.

So, I'd recommend picking on a program based on its overall fit with
your interests--and the blindness issues will work themselves out.

Cheers
Arielle

P.S. Thank you for graciously putting up with my repeated snack-pack
pitches at convention!