[Cabs] CABS minutes

Diane dianefilipe at peoplepc.com
Mon Apr 20 19:13:42 UTC 2009

I need an assignment.
Thank you!
Diane
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nijat Worley" <nijat1989 at gmail.com>
To: "Colorado Association of Blind Students List" <cabs at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 10:22 AM
Subject: [Cabs] CABS minutes

Greetings Cabsters,
   Two things. First I have attached the minutes from our last conference
call to this e-mail. Please look at it and approve it at our next meeting.
   Second I have contacted Mr. Lou Tut and he says that May 14th at 6:00 PM
will work perfectly fine. Sorry about the confusion. This is our seminar
date, so no more confusions please. Next, I will e-mail the contact
information of all CABS board members to the CCB to be brailed for the
seminar so that we can hand them out to the students at our seminar.
Everybody, please read the minutes from the last meeting, and try to get
your assignments done so that we can move forward with this seminar.
Everybody has some thing to do in the minutes. Our next conference call will
be on April 26 at 6:00 PM. Please make sure that you show up to the call,
because we have a lot to talk about. Lets try to get our assignments done so
that we can move forward. Talk to you all soon.
   At your service,
   Nijat

P.S. The Minutes are attached and pasted below.

CABS conference call minutes

April 12 2009

Meeting was called to order at 7-17 pm.

Four members were present.  Marty, Mellissa, Morice and Nijat, Arielle
showed up half way, excused.  Secretary's report was read by mail and
adopted.  Nijat will start brainstorming fundraiser ideas of CABS.  One of
the fundraiser ideas included USB drives to be sold at convention.  Morice
will check out the idea of selling USB drives at national Convention, and
where to buy them.  We will also look into CD cases to sell as fundraiser.
Marty has been working on the banking trouble, and will continue to work on
it until our next meeting.  The CABS seminar at CSDB will be held on May
14th at 7-00 pm.  Nijat will e-mail Lou Tut and see if we can have the
meeting at 6-00 PM.  We want large print and Braille copies of the board
member contact.  Mellissa will check and see if the affiliate can provide a
driver and a van.  Arielle and Nijat will work on an agenda for the seminar.
Marty will be talking about guide Dogs and so she will do research.  MORICE
and Nijat are in charge of technology and will bring equipment to
demonstrate technology.  Arielle will talk about her experience at Colorado
Center for the Blind.  Nijat will contact Robert at the Center to get the
contact information brailed.  Our next meeting will be on April 26 at 6-00
pm.

Meting was adjourned at 8-13 PM.