[Cabs] CABS Meeting Minutes

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 02:32:29 UTC 2009

July 21, 2009 CABS Board Meeting

Present at the meeting were Marty, Melissa, Diane, Terry, Maurice,
Nimer, and Monica.
We will have a See's Candy bar sale at state convention.  We will all
approach our chapters and see if some of them want to collaborate with
us.  Diane will be responsible for getting and distributing the candy
either at or before the convention.
The account balance is $484.87.
We have about eight CABS members who either have already applied or
are planning to apply to become mentors to CSDB students.  The mentor
training will be on Saturday, August 22, at the CCB from 12:30-3:00.
We will write up some mentoring guidelines and talk to Kathy and Lou
about getting students enrolled in the program and getting information
about them so we can make matches.
We discussed going back to CSDB on Friday and Saturday, September
18-19, during their homecoming weekend, and kick off the mentoring
program then.
We will have our annual business meeting and seminar on Saturday, Nov.
 7, at our state convention in Denver.  We talked about holding an
interactive philosophy session during the seminar.
Respectfully submitted,
Arielle Silverman, Secretary, CABS

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org