[Cabs] CABS Board Meeting Minutes

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:12:36 UTC 2009

Sunday May 31, 2009

Present were: Marty Rahn, Nijat Worley, Melissa Green, Arielle
Silverman, Diane Filipe, and Maurice Mines.
Due to Grant Fluhr’s resignation, Maurice Mines was appointed to
fulfill the remainder of Grant’s term on the board.
The board will go out to dinner after the CCB seminar on June 27.
The seminar will start sometime in the afternoon on June 27.
Include a session about convention.
Set up a breakfast one morning at convention for CCB high school
students, NFBCO scholarship winners and CABS (in someone’s hotel room
or at a restaurant).
Melissa will write to Kathy at CSDB to get more details about the
homecoming schedule (Sept. 17-19). Kathy would like us to participate
in homecoming activities with the students and/or have another
seminar.
We talked about setting up a mentor training with Brent Batron and
other members of the affiliate. We will set a date for volunteers
interested in mentoring high school students at CSDB to participate in
this training. Ideally, we will start a small mentoring program at
CSDB and, if successful, expand to reach out to high school students
outside CSDB.
The next meeting will be on Sunday, June 21, at 7:00 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Arielle Silverman
Secretary, CABS