[Cabs] message regarding what to PAC for Convention

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu Jun 25 08:30:57 UTC 2009

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

As you are getting ready for Convention, you may
be wondering what to PAC.  Well, the answer is
your check book or at least the account and
routing numbers to your bank account.  The PAC,
or the Preauthorized Contribution Program, is one
of the major fundraisers for our
Federation.  Each year we bring in about
$360,000.00 to the organization.  It is the
program through  which we can make easy, monthly
donations to our national treasury.  These
general funds go to support our scholarship
program, our legal advocacy, our public education
campaigns, and more.  A person can give as little
as $5.00 a month or more to the Program.  All we
need is a bank account from which we can withdraw
money.  We need your bank's name, bank account
number, and the bank's national routing
number.  Your bank can give you all of this
information with one simple phone call.  However,
it would be best to get a voided check from you
because that document has all the info we
need.  So, just throw that check book in your brief case and come ahead!

Individuals aren't the only ones who can
give.  Any affiliate, chapter, division, or
Federation group can get on the Program as long
as you have a bank account, of course.  We
can  take donations  from savings accounts as
long as the account permits external withdraws
and you give the information noted above.  Again,
we will need your bank's name, your account
number, and the bank's national, also known as ABA, routing number.

As usual, We will be running a number of contests
at Convention.  For the NFB affiliate that has
the most number of people/entities either start a
new pledge or increase an existing one,, we will
award the PAC Rat.  The division with the most
activity will receive the PAC Mule.  At the
national board meeting, I will be awarding
special prizes to the state affiliates that have
had the largest percentage increase over the last
year, one award will go to a large affiliate and
another to a smaller affiliate.

Additionally, we will hold a cash drawing at the
end of convention for two categories of people,
those who start a new pledge and those who
increase a pledge.  The individual whose name is
drawn will receive $150.00 in cash.  There will
be two drawings, one for the new pledges and one
for the increases.  However, if we reach our
convention goal of increasing annualized PAC
giving to $400,000.00 or more, the cash prizes will increase to $300.00.

I look forward to seeing many of you at
convention.  For those who can't come, I look
forward to your participation through other
means.  For example, I can email you a PAC form
if you just shoot me a message at the below email.

     Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.
Chairman, PAC Plan Committee

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
<http://www.labarrelaw.com>www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you
are not the designated recipient, you may not
read, copy, distribute or retain this message. If
you received this message in error, please notify
the sender at 303) 504-5979 or
<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>slabarre at labarrelaw.com,
and destroy and delete it from your system. This
message and any attachments are covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.