[Cabs] Cabs Committees.

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 02:18:36 UTC 2009

Hi Nijat,

Great to have you on board!
I have a spreadsheet right now with all the members' phone numbers and
email addresses. I will add the new ones we got at convention. We can
subscribe everyone to the CABS list, although they will need to
confirm the subscription requests in order to get officially added.
They can also choose to unsubscribe if they're getting too much email.
Alternatively, we could create an email group and CC them on all the
announcements we send to the CABS list; this is what I do with our
NABS registration list, since not everyone wants to be on NABS-L.

I'd love it if you can take charge of the CABS list, as my listserv
time is getting spread pretty thin. It'd be good if you forward
relevant announcements or topics from NABS-L or from the Jernigan
Institute onto the CABS list.

I will have some time during Thanksgiving break to clean up the roster
and set up a meeting for the membership committee. Meanwhile if
there's anything that you guys think we should focus on let me know. I
admit I dropped the ball on the membership committee last year in part
because I was unsure what our priorities should be. We can certainly
plan some membership recruiting activities around the state, but I'll
need others to help us find locations to do them and help us
advertise.

Arielle