[Cabs] Cabs minutes for june 14, 2010

Melissa Green graduate56 at juno.com
Tue Jun 15 03:25:55 UTC 2010

Here are tonight's minutes.
I am rusty.  Its been a while since I have taken minutes.  But here they aree, and attached to this message as well.

June 14, 2010

The cabs meeting came to order at 7:10PM.

Present were Marty, Melissa, Arielle, Diane Maryanne, and Maurice.

Treasurer's report

The Cabs treasury has a balance of  $380.56.

Seminar planning.

Marty will contact Brent and both confirm and discuss the Cabs Seminar and dance/prom at the Center in July.

National Convention

Many members of Cabs will be attending the National convention.  Contact Arielle to help out with various activities held by Nabs.

Cabs Fund raisers

Cabs will be selling both mickey mouse earrings and 50 50 raffle tickets.

The price of the Earrings is $10.00 per pair.

The 50 50 raffle tickets are $2 for 1, and $3 for 5.

The proceeds will go to bennifit the Mentoring program.

Cabs on facebook and Twitter

There is currently a Cabs page on Facebook.  We currently have 23 members.  We will be creating a Cabs Twitter page in the future.

Cabs web site

At this time there is not a Cabs website.  The web site is registered with Godaddy.com.  However, there is not currently a server available for hosting the site.

Melissa will contact the state office and have a discussion about this matter.

State convention

Cabs is planning to help out the boulder chapter with the creation and running of a blind-friendly haunted house.

Ray Mcgeorge

Cabs will set up a scholarship for a blind senior to attend state convention.  This would be a collaborative effort that would involve the state affiliate and chapters around the state.  Melissa will create a proposal for the state office.

Mentoring program

Cabs members conducted a mentoring seminar at CSDB in May.  During this seminar, we discussed many scenarios related to blindness.  The students were looking forward to mentoring us in the creation of flower arrangements.  However, the instructor arrived before we got there.  We will compile a list of activities to do with the kids starting in August.  We are also working on ways to expand this program statewide.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:08PM.

 Respectfully submitted

by

Melissa Green