[Cabs] Fw: [nabs-l] Fwd: announcement: Especially for students andinternational

Nehemiah Hall nrh_lists at n-republic.net
Fri Jun 25 03:11:26 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Andrews" <dandrews at visi.com
To: <david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 21:03
Subject: [nabs-l] Fwd: announcement: Especially for students
andinternational

Do you have a dream of starting and leading your own social project?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? If your
answer is yes, then The International Institute for Social
Entrepreneurs (IISE), in Kerala, India, is the study program for you.

Taught by international experts in the field of management and
social entrepreneurship, IISE empowers visionaries to set up
projects across the world that address the needs of the
underprivileged. IISE participants are challenged to become
individuals whose skills, integrity and leadership qualities prepare
them to become effective and distinguished social entrepreneurs in
their communities and in the world.

IISE is seeking highly motivated and committed candidates who have
overcome obstacles in their life, have an interest in learning and
working with different cultures, and who have a dream to realize. If
you are twenty-two years or older and can speak, read and write
English, you are invited to apply for this one-year scholarship-based
program.

Leadership, management, public speaking and fund raising are some of
the skills you will learn. This hands-on program includes an
internship which provides practical real-world experience.

You will leave IISE with all the skills necessary to be able to set
up your own social project.

Applicants for the training need the following skills and qualities:
- Creativity, dedication, motivation, be an innovative problem solver.
- For those who are blind or visually impaired: reading and
   writing enlarged print or English Braille (grade 2)
- Ability to communicate well in English.
   (All sessions and workshops are conducted in English)

Students at the IISE are referred to as participants. They are
coached by catalysts who stimulate, encourage and challenge
participants to help accelerate their learning and ensure personal
development.

The IISE is a unique institution with a distinctive philosophy,
which cannot be compared to a university or other conventional
academic entities. The institute is a 'think and action tank' where
talented visionaries from all over the world exchange knowledge and
experiences and work together as a team for the realisation of their
visions and dreams.

Every IISE participant is an active, contributing, independent,
self-confident and skilled person who possesses expertise in
different fields. As a potential participant, you are therefore not
coming to the IISE as a student, but as an expert.
The expectation of participant's participation and commitment to the
program is very high. To this end, before proceeding to the
application process, ask yourself the following questions:

     * Am I willing to spend 11 months of my life in a developing
 country, working intensively on developing my social
 entrepreneurship and leadership skills?
     * Am I willing to participate in all activities, giving my best
 every time in terms of my knowledge, experience, effort creativity and
talent?
     * Am I willing to help others achieve their goals and develop
 their skills in the areas which I consider myself an expert?
     * Am I willing to come to the institute with a spirit of
 integrity, mutual respect, exchange, contribution and teamwork?
     * Am I 100% committed to making my goals, dreams, vision and
 social project come true, continuing even after I complete the program?

If you answered YES to all the above questions, you are a potential
candidate and we would encourage you to apply for the IISE program.

Join IISE and impact your future and that of others. Visit
www.bwb-iise.org and/or email your inquiries to BrailleWB at gmx.net .
You may also fax us your questions at  or write us via regular post at:

Braille Without Borders International Institute for Social
Entrepreneurs c/o P. Kronenberg Vivekanenda Nagar, Vellayani,
Ookode, Nemom PO, TRV 695020 KERALA, INDIA

Deadline for applications for the 2011 course is the 30th of June, 2010.

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
 Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920