[Cabs] Minutes

Diane dianefilipe at peoplepc.com
Wed Sep 15 22:59:26 UTC 2010

Is the karaoke what was CABS idol?
Di
----- Original Message -----
From: "Esha Mehta" <dreamer2289 at gmail.com>
To: <Cabs at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:19 PM
Subject: [Cabs] Minutes

Hello one and all!

Below are the minutes from our last meeting whcih was held on
September 7 at 7pm. If you attended the meeting, then you get cake! If
not, then you will get another chance to get your cake and eat it too
by attending our next meeting which wil be held on September 17 at
7pm! Special thanks to Miah for taking some fantastic minutes! As
always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about these
minutes...please get in contact with me!

My apologies for not getting these to you all sooner!

Take care!
Esha

Minutes for Colorado Association of Blind Students
September 7, 2010

In attendance:
Melissa Green, 1st Vice President
Arielle Silverman, 2nd Vice President
Esha Mehta, Secretary
Beth Allred, Board Member
Marianne Migliorelli, Board Member
Nehemiah Hall, Board Member
Becky Sabo, Member
 Maurice Mines, Member
Brent Batron

The meeting came to order at 7:08 P.M.

Due to the death of Diane's grandmother, she was absent, and hence,
there was not a treasurer’s report. However, Melissa believes that the
balance is the same as was stated in the last minutes.

Marianne will be writing a letter on behalf of CABS expressing our
condolences for Diane, as well as depositing a large check to the CABS
account.

Arielle suggests setting a deadline for submitting ideas for
activities to use in the mentoring program.

There have been some changes in the proposed agenda for the upcoming
state convention. Instead of a masquerade ball, we will be having a
Halloween party on Friday evening. It has been suggested that cabs put
together a Halloween party instead of having a haunted house because
of lack of hands and planning time to put it all together.

Kevin suggested a few exhibits, and to try to get the kids involved.
Possibly kids games, as well as pumpkin carving on Saturday afternoon.
As of right now, there are no set activities for Saturday evening from
5-7pm.

There was an idea to have a piano bar after banquet and Melissa
suggested a Halloween carnival. This carnival will be sponsored by
CABS and the Boulder Chapter.

Ideas for the Carnival:
*the costume contest
*witches brew
*small haunted house*
*balloon animals
*games adapted to the Halloween theme
*cobwebs hanging from the doors and other spooky decorations like
grape eyeballs, a pot of goo, and spaghetti brains.
*slime (make a fun science experiment for the kids)

In regards to Karaoke, it was decided that it should be tabled for
this year so that more focus could be put towards the carnival.  This
would also allow for extensive planning for it at next year’s
convention.

IT was decided that the deadline for carnival and mentoring activity
ideas will be September 17th.
So far we have not received any nominations for the ray McGeorge award.
All emails for the various activity suggestions as well as nominations
for the Ray McGeorge award should be sent to

colorado.students at gmail.com

The deadline is September 17th for carnival related ideas and
September 20th for the nominations. These deadlines will be
respected…NO EXCEPTIONS!

There will be a meeting to discuss the carnival suggestions on
September 19th, at 7:00 P.M., and a business and student seminar
meeting on September 26th at 7:00 P.M.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:17