[Cabs] september cabs meeting minutes.

Melissa Green graduate56 at juno.com
Thu Sep 30 04:48:24 UTC 2010

Here are the minutes from sunday's meeting.

If there are any corrections or additions let me know.

 Sept. 26, 2010

Board members Present:

Marty

Melissa

Arielle

Maryann

Beth

Nehemiah

Members: Iris

Maurice

Treasurer's report

I received a treasurer's report from Diane.  The balance is $210.58.

Future

Create a plan to present to the state board for the next year.  The plan will outline activities for CABS to perform throughout the year.

Carnival

Iris and MaryAnn will call about caramel apples prizes_

Carnival games

Bobbing for Apples

Fortune teller

Musical chairs

Guess the Eyeballs

Halloween treat hunt

Esha the Mad scientist

Witch's brew

Iris will find a black caldron.

Iris will check with her parents for a donation of Halloween pastries such as cupcakes and cookies.

Ray Mcgeorge award

The ray mcgeorge award was renamed to the outstanding visionary award.  The nominees were discussed and a winner was selected.  The winner will be announced in the future.

Business meeting and seminar

Panels

College

Leaders

Melissa

Arielle

Marty

The Cabs Board

Tech panel

Leaders

Nehemiah

Maurice

Recreation

Leaders

Beth

Marty

Maryanne

Possible Science and math panel

Voting

Maurice

Nehemiah

Cabs Board

Arts and theater

Leaders

Esha

Beth

Marty

Iris

Elections

Other business

Melissa will contact Debbie at the Library  about obtaining blue books.

Beth will contact USABA to get a Representative for our seminar.  She will also contact Chris Foster about serving on the panel as well.

Nehemiah will contact Brent about the possibility of the science and math panel.

Marty will contact the national sports center for the disabled.  She will also contact both Brent and the president of the parents to collaborate with the parents.

The Information should be posted to the Cabs list concerning what has been discovered during the contacting of people.

A message will be sent to lorinda to recruit volunteers for the Carnival on Friday Evening.

Raffle

The 50 50 raffle will be advertised on the entire Nfb list.

There will be a meeting on October 10 to implement final plans for both the carnival and the seminar and business meeting.