[Cabs] Global Explorers Fundraising Update!

Esha Mehta esha.mehta at colorado.edu
Mon Feb 28 04:36:07 UTC 2011

Dear Family, Friends, and Sponsors;

Hello again! I just wanted to send you all an update about how my
fundraising efforts are going. First, I would like to thank all of you
who have been so generous and kind to sponsor me for this exciting
journey! Because of your efforts, I already have $220 raised, leaving
me with $1450 to go! Thank you so much for helping me out with this
trip!

If you haven't been able to donate, or are unsure of what this whole
program's about, here's a quick re-cap. I'm participating in a Global
Explorers Leading the Way expedition to the Grand Canyon this July.
Global Explorers is a non-profit organization that gives blind and
sighted youth across the country opportunities to engage themselves in
the world around them, while instilling responsibility, community
service, and the importance of developing leadership skills. The
Global Explorers Leading the Way program was co-created with Erik
Weihenmayer, the only blind man to summit Mount Everest.

With your help, I will be able to gain the skills and confidence I
need to help blind children across the world gain independence and the
attitude that their blindness should not stop them from their dreams.

I am asking for $50; however, any amount you can give at all will
greatly help me offset the program fee. Your donation will directly
help me cover the cost of : curriculum material, lodging, food,
equipment, transportation for our leadership retreat in April, and
insurance. If you would like to help me make this expedition possible,
please send me cash or check donations made out to Global Explorers
and include my name in the Memo field. If you prefer, you can also
make a
donation online at:
http://www.globalexplorers.org/get_involved/donate_now/.  Choose “LTW
Grand Canyon” from the drop-down menu. I'm collecting donations for my

Again, thank you so much to everyone who has already donated and to
all of you who took time to read this update! I can't wait to send you
my next update in a few weeks!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me at:
610-348-1904.

Take care and have a wonderful week!
Esha