[Cabs] Fwd: Tuesday Night Washington Park Run Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:30 PM

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:41:45 UTC 2013

From: Deborah Conley <deborahconley19 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:02:02 -0600
Subject: Tuesday Night Washington Park Run Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:30 PM
To: Amelia Dickerson <ameliadickerson at gmail.com>, Amy Downing
<RandallCrosby1779 at comcast.net>, Renee Lee <RLEE at fcgov.com>, Scott
Land <blb21c at gmail.com>, Sheryl Slankard <shemarkle at yahoo.com>, Steve
Patton <footballhead69 at gmail.com>, Terry Garrett
<blindoinaction91087 at yahoo.com>, Tevis Morrow <TMorrow33 at comcast.net>,
Theresa Montano <tmontano9 at msn.com>, Tom O'Banion
<Tom.O'Banion at emerson.com>, Tricia Cavallaro <dunne56 at yahoo.com>,
Vicki Postas Byrne <bcm2 at aol.com>

Hi Everyone:
I WILL SEND THIS CHANGE TO VOICE MESSAGE OF THOSE WHO ALREADY CONTACTED
ME....ALSO
Slight Change to run time and location....
Washington Park

E. Virginia Ave. at S. Franklin St., Denver, CO 80209
Look for runners in the fire station parking lot, at the NE corner of the
park at Franklin and Virginia

Please join us at Washington Park on Tuesday night for a run! All abilities
are welcome and you can run your own pace and length. Like in past meetups,
there is generally a mixed crowd that attends, so chances are good you'll
find someone to run with.

*Meetup Location and Time*

We meetup near the corner of Franklin and Virginia in the parking area of
the fire station at the Northeast corner of the park. We start to run
promptly at *6:30 PM*, so please be on time!

*Running Path and Distance*

We run counterclockwise on the outer gravel trail that follows the
perimeter of the park, which is ~2.6 miles. The inner road is also an
option at ~2.4 miles. The left lane of the inner road is the path for
runners and pedestrians, and avoid the right lane which is for bikes and
cars. There are options to cut across the park for a shorter distance.
Please review the *park
map<http://denvergov.org/portals/626/documents/parkart/ParkArt_Washington%20Park.pdf>
* to familiarize yourself with the paths and options.

*Laps and Pace*

Some people run one lap, while others run two...some people even show up
early and run a pre-lap before their 2 laps. The group tends to have a wide
variety of paces ranging everywhere from jackrabbit 6 minute miles to slow
& steady 12 minute miles, but whatever your pace, we welcome you out.

*Informal Pace Groups*

We do not formally organize pace groups. If you want to run with someone,
please introduce yourself on the event webpage or before the run.
Generally, we follow the model that one naturally falls into a pace group.
While in that pace group introduce yourself to start a conversation.
Unfortunately, not everyone will find someone to run with depending on the
night. People commonly run alone, but socialize before or after laps at the
park and at the pub. Overall, don't be shy! Feel open to introducing
yourself if you are new, and existing people please introduce yourself to
start new conversations. Meetup groups are what you make of it.