[Cabs] NFB OF COLORADO IS COMING TO AURORA SATURDAY AUGUST 24

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Thu Aug 22 22:29:23 UTC 2013

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado is coming to Aurora!

The National Federation of the Blind of Colorado is starting a chapter in Aurora.  We are the largest membership organization of the organized blind in the country!  We promote opportunity, equality, and accessibility in all aspects of life for the blind of our nation.  The NFB of Colorado is made up of blind people their friends, and families.  If you are interested in learning more join us on Saturday, August 24 from 10:00am-12:30pm at Fire Station 11 in Aurora.    Lunch is provided!

When:  Saturday, August 24
10:00am-12:30pm

Where:  Fire Station 11
2291 S. Joliet Rd.
Aurora, CO

For more information:  Contact Jessica Beecham
720-440-2632
jbeecham at cocenter.org<mailto:jbeecham at cocenter.org>

To learn more about the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado visit our website at www.nfbco.org<http://www.nfbco.org>.

Agenda

10:00-10:15:  Introductions
10:15-10:45:  What is the National Federation of the Blind
            a.  NFB-National
            b.  NFB of Colorado (what we do, what our chapters do, etc...)
            c.  Our Philosophy
10:45-11:30:  Organizing in Ft. Collins
            a.  Meeting time and location and logistics
            b.  What we want to do as a in Aurora
            c.  Outreach
11:30-12:30:  Lunch and mingling