[Cabs] Convention, Beatlemania, Tactile Art, and More Check out this email there is lots of info

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Fri Oct 17 01:47:05 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone

I want to share a few things with you! First of all here are two messages from Scott one is a written message and one is a video! The final message is from our art guru Ann Cunning. I am also including a link to our Throwback Thursday Blog for this week which highlights Art Schreiber who will be performing at our Convention on Thursday October 30.

Message 1

Hey Folks, Art Schreiber and I will be on KEZW Studio 1430 tomorrow mornin
at 9:20 to talk about our Beatles event.  If you want to listen, go to
www.studio1430.com and click on the second link down.  It's not terribly
accessible and all the link says is a series of numbers and letters but it
will start the live link.  Of course, you can also tune your AM radio to
1430.

Cheers!

Scott

Message 2

http://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/2014/10/in-this-video-our-president-scott.html

Message 3Tactile Artists and Visual Artists Who Are Blind of Visually Impaired
 Art Exhibit Call for Entries
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado State Convention
Friday through Sunday,October 30 to November 2, 2014
Marriott Courtyard South at Park Meadows
10345 Park Meadows Dr. Lone Tree, CO

Artists, be a part of the revolution as we shatter expectations! Come one, come all and bring your art to show at convention. We are having an art exhibit to share our art with our whole community. Categories are: 1. Artists who are blind or visually impaired making visual art. 2. Tactile artists making art that can be appreciated through touch.

Come and join us for the first ever National Federation of the Blind Colorado Art Exhibit! We want art! What is the difference between art and craft, what kind of visual art is being made by visually impaired and blind artists? How do I make art? What is tactile art anyway? Anyone interested in these questions and more is invited to attend the Friday afternoon meeting at 4PM. Everyone is invited to be part of the discussion. We at NFBCO are asking the questions and will be coming up with answers so be a part of this historic conversation!

Sequence of events:
Friday afternoon, 2:30PM: Drop off entries for our exhibit in the art room.  We will check your work in and label it for display. Arrive early, space is limited.
Friday afternoon, 4PM: Come to the discussion. We are going to talk about what art is and what we would like it to become. We can decide on our vision for the future.
Saturday all day and Sunday morning: Visit our exhibit in the general session ballroom accessible before, after and between presentations.
Sunday at close of convention: Pick up your work as you leave at close of session.

Please call Ann Cunningham at 303 887 1713 with questions.
To register for State Convention go to:
https://www.nfbco.org/nfbco-state-convention-review/registration-for-nfbco-convention

Ann Cunningham
Tactile Art - a creative way to see the world!
303 238 4760
ann at acunningham.com<mailto:ann at acunningham.com>
http://www.acunningham.com<http://www.acunningham.com/>
http://www.sensationalbooks.com<http://www.sensationalbooks.com/>