[Cabs] {Disarmed} 3 great opportunities

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:08:07 UTC 2016

Students, parents, teachers and others,

We have some excellent opportunities to share with you.  Below I have included an email from Learning Ally about their scholarships.  If you are signed up with Learning Ally, you may have seen these scholarship opportunities already.  If you are not signed up with Learning Ally; this company provides books and textbooks to students in altrnative formats, has mentoring opportunities, and scholarships, so sign up!  Learning Ally has two scholarships available, with the deadline at the end of this month.  Please note one scholarship is specifically for blind students in college, the other is for learning disabled high school students.

The second opportunity is a scholarship from the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado (NFBCO).  There are a number of scholarships available and you don't need to be a member of NFBCO to apply.  With  the fast approaching deadline of April 15, it would be wise to hurry to make sure all necessary documents are in on time.  Here is the link: http://www.nfbco.org/scholarships/nfbco-state-scholarship

April 15 is also the deadline for another amazing opportunity.  Every year the National Federation of the Blind holds a convention in Orlando, FL. This is the largest gathering of blind and visually impaired people.  There is much information, networking, technology, and so much more at this convention. If you want to participate in this one of a kind opportunity but feel that you can't afford going to Florida, you can apply for assistance to help with this.  Here's the link: https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm16/bm1602/bm160211.htm
If you have not been to this convention, I highly recommend you make efforts to go!
If applying for assistance, it is recommended to do so asap.  Contact with Lisa Bonderson at lkb at labarrelaw.com for this.

If you have been to the Florida convention before and would like to go again but can't afford it, there may be help available.  Contact Lisa Bonderson for more information or feel free to contact me as well (contact info below).

Please make note of these opportunities and share them with anyone who may benefit.

Anna E Givens,
President, Colorado Association of Blind Students,
annajee82 at gmail.com
402-817-8934