[Cacommunity-service] Would a year of voluntary public service bring out america's best?

Nancy Piazza npiazza55 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 00:11:32 UTC 2015

Hi Darian,
    Read the twitter article and I think it's a good idea for all kids
in their high school and early college years.  Yes, I do believe that
it should apply to blind people and those with other disabilities.  As
long as the position is a good fit for the persons ability's.  Why
should we be excused?  We are capable, abled body folks that so happen
to go about life a little differently.  We are fighting for equal
rights, correct?  This would be a part of being equal.  We work, we
shop, dine out and travel, marry and raise families, play sports and
root for our favorite teams, on top of that , we do blind things.  If
we can do all that, then we can volunteer.  We do not let our
blindness define us.
   Sorry I haven't been able to attend any of the phone meetings.  I
now have a part time job at my church and do 2 days volunteering at a
local hospital, and am loving it.  Life has taken an up swing and am
getting happier as the weeks go by.  Hope all is well there.
Regards, Nancy