[Capchapohio] FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Meet the Blind Month

Betts, Katherine H. betts.128 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 22 20:14:26 UTC 2011

 Hello JW: Hope that you are doing well. I will try to come up with some ideas about this. One idea that strikes me immediately is changing the name. I understand that the idea is to help progress the NFB, but the title is a little offputting. "Meet the Blind" I feel takes away from the human aspect of the individuals who  happen to be blind who are a part of the NFB. Although being blind isa large part of our identities, it is not our whole identity. Many times "sighted people" tend to  view us by this only  marker. I feel that using this title reinforces that same behavior. Your thoughts?