[Capchapohio] FW: Thanks For Your Support

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Wed Dec 7 07:02:04 UTC 2011

I would be surprised if you  would make it much further than i did. I can't
imagine you carrying uran collection jugs everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2011, at 1:53 AM, Shelley Corcoran <shellsebel at columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

Dear <Name>, president of <Chapter>,
OK, I just wrote to the email in that message.

 To whom it may concern:

Last week, I attempted to be part of the non 24 hour sleep study.  After
spending two hours listening to and reading the braille consent form, I
then had my weight and hight measured.  I was disqualified because I am 5
ft 5 in tall, and weigh 215 lbs.  Thus making my body mass index 33, or so
I was told.

Would you please consider that your standards are highly outrageous for
this study.  I'm sure this sleep disorder is very real.  But you need to
consider that most blind people lead a sedentary life style.  Therefore, I
think it is unreasonable for you to think you can find 100 totally blind
people who fit the outlandish requirements for the study.

IF you could revise the standard a bit, I would love to participate.

Thank you.

Shelley Corcoran

Capchapohio:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/capchapohio_nfbnet.org/eduffy%40deltav.org