[Capchapohio] FW: Thanks For Your Support

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Dec 7 11:54:00 UTC 2011

Shelley:

I understand your frustration at being eliminated from the study. I
was eliminated for the same reason. However, I urge you to hink about
what you are saying.

First, I don't know for a fact that more blind persons are sedentary,
we may be, but we don't have to be.

Secondly, I nor you are scientists, so saying the BMI requirement is
"outlandish" is not reasonable.

The study is scientific and designed to research very specific
things.  While I do not know this, I would guess that more overweight
persons tend to have sleep apnea.  That is my anecdotal evidence at
least.  It is only logical then for them to want to eliminate this as
a factor or variable when doing the study.  They are trying to figure
out certain things, and need to eliminate as many variables as
possible, while doing that, so they don't end up studying those other
variables.

Dave