[Capchapohio] A Brief Holiday Update

J.W. Smith jwsmithnfb at frontier.com
Mon Dec 19 15:38:04 UTC 2011

It has been a great year and I want to wish all of you Happy Holidays and a
wonderful and prosperous New Year.

1 The Washington Seminar delegation has been chosen and once again we will
be counting on your support and involvement even as we travel next February
for this very important activity so stay tuned for more directions and
requests.

2 The Miami Valley chapter had a wonderful banquet on December 10th and the
Springfield chapter had its Christmas gathering as well that same day and
although I did not get to play Santa Claus this year, I did get to read a
Braille letter to Santa at the Miami Valley banquet that was submitted by a
8 year old and I was able to call him and let him speak with Santa via the
phone.

3 Don't forget that our winter Board meeting will be conducted via
Conference call on Saturday January 21st and as usual it will start at 10
with a lunch break at noon and I hope to complete it by 2 or so that same
day but if we will need to have another one we will.

Look for the necessary information to join the call early in January

4 Finally, don't forget that our spring Board meeting will be held in
Cincinnati more than likely in April and we are looking forward to the
hosting by our local chapter their.

This is all I have now but if others would like to add to this brief update
please feel free to do so and if you don't hear from me until next year be
Blessed.

Oh, one more  selfish thing please?

Next year I will be releasing the first secular recording I have ever done
and I must tell you that it is in my opinion, the best work I've ever done
and believe me I'm my worst critic.

All but 2 of the selections are original pieces written by myself and
others.

So look for it and plan on getting a copy and coming to the big release day
concert that will be held as my usual NFB-O  fundraiser on Sunday May 20th
from 1 to 5 ok?

Thanks for your indulgence!

Jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith

President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

PO Box 458 Athens, OH 45701

740-592-6326

"Changing what it means to be blind"

For more information go to nfbohio.org