[Capchapohio] Fw: [Ohio-talk] The Ñext Scrip order

Beth Debus mbdebus at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 11:30:07 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: eric duffy <eduffy at deltav.org>
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:00 AM
Subject: [Ohio-talk] The Ñext Scrip order

The next Scrip order will be released at 9:00 AM.  on February 13.  This is later in the month than we normally release the order, but Carol and I will be in Washington on the first Monday of the month.  The good part about this is that anyone wishing to do so still has time to sign up.  I hope to sign up new participants in Washington.

Today I bought a $20 Amazon gift card.  I spent $20.15  and the NFB of Ohio got 74 cents.  That happened automatically.  That would not have happened had I not been signed up for Shop with Scrip.  Had I gone directly to Amazon, the organization wouldn't have gotten any money.  Please remember  that the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio cannot be responsible for orders that are not received.  So if your order is mailed to you and if for any reason you do not receive it, we cannot replace the cards and we cannot refund your money.  This is a program to raise funds for the organization, and although we appreciate your participation, we cannot ensure your cards.  The postal service does not cover the mailing of gift cards through any insurance program.  The best we can do is to send them certified mail receipt  requested.  Even this is not a guarantee however.  It certainly improves the chances your order will arrive.  This method of
 mailing will cost roughly $5.  So if you order cards you must let our
scrip coordinators know how you want to receive them.  They can be sent by regular mail.  They can be sent by certified mail at your expense, or you can pick them up.  If you choose to have them sent by certified mail, you must send a check  to Carol or Shelbi.  Your order will not be mailed until we know how you wish to receive it.  We would prefer that you send an email to Shelbi or Carol to let them know how you want to receive your cards.  If you cannot send an email please call one of them.
We want everyone to participate but we cannot put the organization in a position to loose money.  Financially guarantying the arrival of cards would not be responsible to the membership, and would be consider a bad practice by the IRS, Attorney General, and supporters of the organization.  If you have questions or concerns about this policy please contact me by email or by phone.  We hope you will participate in the Scrip fund raising program.  This policy was developed by necessity.  Before announcing the policy, we did have to reimburse one individual for lost cards.  I am confident that this individual will order again.  That says a lot about him personally and how much he believes in the program.
I say all of this because we want everyone to participate in SHOP with Scrip.  We will do as much as we can to see that your participation is as easy as possible as well as beneficial to you and to the Federation.

Eric Duffy

(614) 377-9877.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/mbdebus%40yahoo.com