[Capchapohio] Events upcoming

Angela angie1752 at att.net
Mon Feb 20 20:40:35 UTC 2012

EVent Calendar Info for February update and March   2012

                        This is information optained from a number of
organizations in Central Ohio for events which are formatted and provided by
the blind. The purpose of sending out this information is to provide others
with visual limitations the opportunity to share in any program of interest.
This Info  is provided free of charge and is not funded by any of the
organizations.

NFB

Meets the forth Saturday  every month next meeting:March 24th

Time: 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Location Maynard Avenue Methodist Church

2350 Indianola Avenue

Drinks and snacks available for purchase before meeting. Cost $1.00 each

Questions e-mail to angie1752 at att.net

Lead the Way Fit Club

Who Should Attend: YOU! People of all fitness levels.

What: Come together with others to workout and get fit.

When:  March  24th  2012 after NFB Meetings.

Location Maynard Avenue Methodist Church

2350 Indian  ola A   venue

Why: It’s fun, FREE and can help YOU move towards a healthier lifestyle.

if you are participating in fit club  after the meeting please review the
attached file. It's a waiver Diane has requested all participants to sign.

Contact: Diane VanderBrink

Independent Team Beachbody Coach

Helping End the Trend of Obesity

 <mailto:dvanderbrink at yahoo.com> dvanderbrink at yahoo.com

              (914) 907-3299

 <http://www.beachbodycoach.com/dvander> www.beachbodycoach.com/dvander

 <http://www.facebook.com/coachleadtheway> www.facebook.com/coachleadtheway

Capital City Blind Bowlers

Do you like to play BINGO?  YES?  Come join us for a night of food,
fellowship and fun.  And, help us raise money so our membership can continue
to foster friendly competition among visually impaired persons.

DAY:  Friday

DATE:  March 2, 2012

TIME:  5:30pm - 8:30pm

WHERE:  Ascension Lutheran Church

                     Acton Hall

                     1479 Morse Rd

                     Columbus, OH  43229

                             (east enterence)

MENU:  Subs, Chips, Desert, Punch or Coffee

COST:  Meal = $5.00

GAMES:  50¢ per card per game or three cards for $1.00 per game.

                 Braille and Large Print cards available

RAFFLE:  50/50 raffle at intermission

CONTACT:  For more information or to make a dinner reservation please reply
to this e-mail or contact Sandra Mollett at 614-947-1528 by Monday February
27th.

Question e-mail to: sdmollett at wowway.com

Accessible arts of Central Ohio

will audio describe the movie The Descendants on Wednesday evening, February
22, 2012.

It will be held at the Marcus Cinema Crosswoods Theatre located at 200
Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus Ohio, 43085.

The cost of tickets for those in the Accessible Arts group will be $7 per
person and must be purchased from one of our volunteers that evening.
Otherwise, you will pay $9.50 at the counter, as pricing options have
changed.

The movie will begin at 7:00 pm and end at approximately 9:00 pm including
trailers and ending credits. Audio description will be provided by Adam
Westlund and, of course, our volunteers will be there to assist you in
anyway they can.

The Descendants, the recipient of 5 Oscar nominations, stars George Clooney
and is ratedR for language and some sexual references.

Synopsis:

Perhaps it can be best said that this movie set in Hawaii is about the
attempt to pull together a splintered family after a serious boating
accident. At the same time, the group must decide the fate of a second
family member when, due to Hawaiian Law, they must relinquish their rights
to 30 or so square miles of undeveloped land.

Will they choose to value it by invoking restrictions or destroy it for the
purpose of commercial gain.

To reserve a receiver or to let us know if you will need assistance from a
volunteer, please call the Accessible Arts of Central Ohio Information Line
at 614 470-4777. Press 0 to get information about the movie. Then, at any
time, press the Pound Sign to leave a message.

Give us your name and number, too, in case we need to reach you because of
last minute time changes or other unusual circumstances.

SEE YOU at the MOVIES!!!

questions e-mail to: flotsam-jetsam at sbcglobal.net

ACB

March 20, ACB Columbus Chapter meets at Goodwill Columbus, 1331 Edgehill
Road, from 1:00 to 3:00. Our speaker will be Marc Guthrie, Dir. Of
Development for ACB-Ohio.

Questions e-mail Vicky Prahin [Vicky at hadley.edu]

WELFARE ASSOCIATION OF THE SIGHTLESS

The WAS is a non-profit club dedicated to the general welfare of the blind.
Our goals are to provide temporary financial assistance to the blind of our
community; to assist newly-blinded adults in becoming adjusted to their
situation; to take an active interest in all policies formed by agencies
and/or departments for the blind; and to follow closely all proposed
legislation that may affect in any way the general welfare of the blind.  We
provide some social outlets for the sightless.  These activities may
include:  bingo parties, a Thanksgiving dinner, a Christmas party, and a
summer picnic.  Also, we may arrange short range excursions to fascinating
places within or around Ohio.  We have various fund raisers throughout the
year; such as a candy sale, an auction, an OSU football pool, dinners, and
bingo.

Our membership consists of totally blind, partially sighted and fully
sighted individuals.  Membership is by invitation only.  Candidates shall be
any individual of good character eighteen years of age or older.  Their name
must be submitted through a present member of the organization.  Guests of
members are welcome at any gathering.

For more information please contact President, Joe Waldron, any day between
the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm at 614-732-0198.

WELFARE ASSOC OF THE SIGHTLESS

NATURE’S SNACK SALE

(FRESH FROM THE PEANUT SHOPPE)

1/2 # BAG

          PEANUTS

ROASTED PEANUTS – IN SHELL                                            $2.50

HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS                                                  $6.00

SPANISH PEANUTS
$4.50

          HIGH GRADE NUTS

ALMONDS - SALTED
$6.50

CINNAMON ALMONDS
$7.00

PECANS     - RAW
$8.00

ENGLISH WALNUTS - RAW
$6.50

CASHEW SPLITS - SALTED
$7.00

          MIXED NUTS

PARTY MIX
$7.00

SPICY MIX
$7.00

          SEEDS

SUNFLOWER SEEDS – SALTED                                              $5.00

PUMPKIN SEEDS – SALTED
$6.00

          DRIED FRUIT

DRIED PINEAPPLE
$5.00

DRIED PAPAYA
$5.00

DRIED APPLES
$5.50

DRIED APRICOTS
$5.50

DRIED MIXED FRUIT
$5.50

          MISC

SESAME STICKS
$5.00

CHEDDER BITS
$5.00

ORDERS TO:  SANDRA MOLLETT – 614-947-1528

(FULL PAYMENT DUE ON ORDER) (DELIVERY APX ONE MONTH LATER)