[Capchapohio] Craft Bazaar day of fun at church

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 18:46:47 UTC 2014

Good chilly Wednesday to allIn our last chapter meeting we were given the information on and the opportunity to participate in the Fourth Annual "A Touch of the Holidays" Bazaar at the Maynard Avenue church where we hold our meetings.  This event is being held on Saturday, December 13th from 9 am to 5 pm.   It would be a great way to get our name, faces and message out to the community and the church people, while showcasing a little of our crafty side.  I have spoken with Shelby about some ideas and  I am willing to set up and tear down the event.  We will be given a table space, likely 6 ft to work with.  The set up of the event is that they will have 21 tables in the parlor where we normally meet and another 25 tables downstairs in the social area, gym.  They will also have an additional 4 tables for kids crafts in a Sunday school room on the parlor level.  There will be baked goods, home made crafts, furniture, DIY crafts, vendors and Santa.  They will have breakfast items since you can set up as early as 7 am and hot soup for lunch.  It will be a busy but fun day.I would love to have people join us to man the table for maybe 2 hours at a time, do I have any volunteers?  I would love to know if anyone has any craft items they would like to donate to sell at the table. This would also act as a fundraiser for our chapter. It will be our first attempt at something like this, but hopefully not our last.  Shelbi and I discussed having Braille alphabet cards and perhaps Kernel books available to share with people.  If you have any other ideas, please send a note in response.  Also, if you are able to help for a couple hours, please list the times you are available to do so. Thank youCarol