[Capchapohio] Help us spread the Word

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:01:15 UTC 2016

Shelbi, Jordy and I have been working on ways to reach students.

Please see below and help us spread the word.

It will not hurt for students and offices to see this information more than once. Please let Shelbi and Jordy know what you have  done to help distribute this information.

I write to share information about  scholarships  for blind and visually impaired students and a special opportunity for applicants in the Columbus area. On Saturday, March 5, beginning at noon, those interested in the scholarship programs can come together for free pizza and soda and tips and tricks for submitting a winning scholarship application to the National Federation of the Blind. The meeting will be held at the Maynard Avenue United Methodist Church, 2350 Indianola Avenue in Columbus.

For more information or to RSVP, contact Shelbi Hindel:
(614) 558-8059
shelbiah1 at gmail.com <mailto:shelbiah1 at gmail.com>
You may also contact Jordy Stringer: (317) 629-4639
jordystringer83 at gmail.com <mailto:jordy83 at gmail.com>

Please RSVP by Thursday, March 3, 2016. We want to be sure to have enough pizza and soda for everyone.

Here is some information about our scholarships:
National Federation of the Blind 2016 National Scholarship Program
Deadline: March 31, 2016
Are you a legally blind college student living in the United States or Puerto Rico? This annual program offers 30 scholarships worth from $3,000 to $12,000 to eligible students, from high school seniors beginning their freshman year in the fall semester of 2016 up through grad students working on their PhD degrees. Google has committed to award an additional $1,000 to each of our winners in 2016.  These merit scholarships are based on academic excellence, community service, and leadership. In addition to the money, each winner will receive assistance to attend the July 2016 NFB annual convention in Orlando, Florida, providing an excellent opportunity for high-level networking with active blind people in many different professions and occupations.  To apply, read the rules and the Submission Checklist, complete the official 2016 Scholarship Application Form (online or in print), supply all required documents, and request and complete one interview by an NFB affiliate president (unless the president requests a later date). Applications are accepted  through March 31. Go to www.nfb.org/scholarships <http://www.nfb.org/scholarships> for complete rules and requirements.

NFB of Ohio State Scholarships
Our Ohio Affiliate also awards 3 state scholarships beginning at $1,000 with a May 15 deadline. For more information and to apply, visit www.nfbohio.org <http://nfbohio.org/>.