[Capchapohio] legislative correction

Shelbi Hindel shelbiah1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 20:03:04 UTC 2016

The legislative team at the National Center has asked us to write to Ohio
members of the House Armed Services Committee to urge them to include our
Space Available bill, HR 2264, in the National Defense Authorization Act,
the NDAA. We have two members. Michael Turner of Dayton, and Brad Wenstrup
of Cincinnati. Richard and Deborah should already be at work urging their
chapter members to write messages to the two aides. But I don't think it
would hurt to have the rest of the state jump on the band wagon. The aides
are Jessica Calio in Turner's office and Lisa Collins in Wenstrup's office.
Their email addresses are Jessica.calio at mail.house.gov
<mailto:Jessica.calio at mail.house.gov> and lisa.collins at mail.house.gov
<mailto:lisa.collins at mail.house.gov>.  Here is the  message to Ms. Calio.
You can use it as a model, changing the things you need to. This model was
posted to OhioTalk by Barbara. Please let Barbara  know what you have done.
Her email address is Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com

Thanks,

Shelbi

Here is my message:

Dear Ms. Calio,

As the secretary of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, and the
President of the Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio, I am reaching out to you to ask you to urge Mr. Turner to fight for
the inclusion of HR 2264 in the NDAA in the deliberations of the House Armed
Services Committee. These 100 percent service-connected-disabled veterans
deserve to be included in the Space Available Program. They have made a
significant sacrifice for their country. Their earning power has been
significantly decreased, and they need this perquisite. After all, their
younger colleagues disabled after September 1993 are already included in the
program. Justice demands that Congress do the same for them.

I urge you to do everything you can to see that Mr. Turner presses for their
inclusion.

Thank you for your consideration,

Shelbi Hindel

Shelbiah1 at gmail.com