[Capchapohio] Thoughts After Our Cahpter Meeting Today

JW Smith jwsmithblind at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 22:30:11 UTC 2017

Dear Chapter Colleagues:

I thought that we had a fairly productive meeting today and we should all
thank Mike for making the CODA presentation a reality!

I hope that our very informative and productive conversation will become
even more fruitful in the near future.

I want to personally thank, the Leitermans for bringing so many exciting and
what I believe to be potentially effectivbe members to our chapter in the
last year or so!

I personally have never seen such energy, potential, diversity and quality
member  representation in our chapter in the last 15 or 20 years!

Also, we should thank  Jim and President Shelbi for the pizza and cookies as
I firmly believe that good food can make a positive contribution to an aeven
more productive meeting at times.

I am sorry though, that the meeting ended on the note and tone that it did!

I believe that President Shelbi and Jordy have legitimate concerns that I
hope as I expressed publicly today, can be worked out in consultation with
the leadership of the chapter or affiliate. I expressed to some of our new
and potential memberrs today after the meeting, that I hope that they will
not let what occurred at the end of our meeting keep them from coming back
again and for considering and continuing to be effectaive chapter
participants. I must tell  you though, my heart ached when Jordy angrily
first left the meeting and it was clear that President Shelbi was quite
upset!

I don't know about you, but I am not happy when a family member hurts nor do
I glory in such events!

I love my NFBO family  and yes, we do and at times have to be critical of
each other but we should do that and I mean me too, with the mindset that we
want the best for our brothers and sisters right?

I really believe that we are on the brink of doing something special for the
blind and visually impaired of central Ohio and it is my hope and prayer
that we will not lose sight of our opportunity or that we will not let
personal or ego-centered issues cloud our focus and energy.

Finally, I want to put in writing here, that it is my strong belief that
only the President and Treasurer should be listed on our chapter account
going forward!

Jw