[Capchapohio] Hospitality at state convention

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:31:37 UTC 2017

Greetings chapter members.
Last Thursday I was able to visit the space will be using for hospitality. We have officially two spaces that can be monopolized for hospitality purposes. One of the rooms which is the largest of the two works out to be right around 1000 squar ft. in this room there will be eight roundtables with if memory serves me correctly eight chairs per table. There is a counter space along both sides of the room as you enter just to both the left and right of the doors, for our purposes we will only be opening one set of doors though.
The room is shaped like a rectangle with the long side of the room being the sides where the doors are. Currently from my observation it makes sense to have the food tables set up in the back of the room along the short wall and beverages on the sides where the counterspace years. There is no handwashing station in these rooms, but the men’s and ladies restrooms are pretty close.
This is probably my major concern, but should we move the hospitality into the official hospitality suites, there will be no room for people to converse, and enjoy the hospitality offerings. Additionally, there is an outside door conveniently located but will allow us to bring supplies in without having to walk and cart things all around the hotel.
The second room is a slightly smaller room some 500 ft.² in diameter which will be the overflow room. There will be six roundtables in this room.

As for the other thing is, there is no refrigeration, so we will need to find a way to keep beverages cold throughout the time that we will use that space. As much as we can since there is no refrigeration, any perishable food items all need to be consumed by close of the doors on Friday night at 8:30. Only beverages, and were any leftover nonperishable food items can be served during the two hours the suites will be open on Saturday afternoon. We need to as a chapter come up with a way to keep things cold rather we invest in actual coolers, or set aside money for the purchasing of Styrofoam coolers. Confirmed donations:
50 chipotle burrito in the box meals. All assorted.
200 assorted flavored chicken wings, bluegill bar and grill
Pop, Miami Valley chapter. At this time, these are the only confirmed items that I am aware of. I’m also in the process of coordinating pick up of the chipotle as we have to make multiple stops in order to collect all of that donation.
Downtown chipotle, and the chipotle on campus are the two that have donated. I’m happy to have a discussion here on the list, but these are some things to think about as we prepare for our meeting this coming Saturday.
Additionally, I believe will have a guest from a theater company wishing to gain some insight regarding audio description.
I believe he is to arrive at 10, and we should be able to go on with our convention discussion another business after his presentation. I think we should about for at least 15, or 20 minutes, but B definitely prepared to Think about other items for hospitality, the door prizes we discussed at last months meeting, and all the other things that I am neglecting to remember at this time.

Jordy

Jordy D. Stringer.
You can achieve anything once you've imagined possibilities!