[CapChapOhio] Louis Braille Party

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:23:16 UTC 2019

Greetings all, I’m glad to hear that the evening events went off with out a hitch. It is very interesting to see young people ask questions that I would’ve never even conceived of asking at that age. Just shows the even more importance of early engagement.
I would encourage people to pay particular interest to the message I put out on our state listserv regarding the Ohio youth leadership forum and potentially encouraging some of those students who engaged with last night to apply for this opportunity. I’ve heard lots and lots of feedback and I’m very much myself considering applying as a staff person for the event. The only problem is that it is the very day after the national convention. It would certainly be pushing it, but I think it is worth thinking about. For anybody interested in details on how to apply, or for any other assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to me regarding this opportunity.

I am very hopeful also that during the month of April I will be able to attend the meeting. As several of you know I have recently assumed the responsibilities of the role of executive director of the S. Eastern Ohio Center for independent living and have been very busy learning the things I’ll need to know to be able to successfully function in that role. To that end my current job is available and will be so until midnight on January 28. For information on how to apply please feel free to reach out to me directly or see President Richard pains message from a few days ago.

I’m very excited to be a part of this movement and I’m very happy that last nights party went off successfully. Thanks to everyone who was involved both during the event and the behind the scenes planning.

Jordy

Jordy D. Stringer
believe you can and you’re halfway there.