[CapChapOhio] Coronavirus assistance

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:37:14 UTC 2020

Hello,

I hope that this message is finding everybody safe and healthy. It has been quite a while since we have been able to meet, and it may be quite a while more before we do so in person. At some point, we will try to put together a conference call and maybe all of us get together and have a chapter meeting. In the meantime, I need to know if you or anybody else that you know may be having any problems with shopping and getting around with the current coronavirus situation. We have heard stories of blind people being turned away at grocery stores and other retail places. We also know that blind people have had trouble getting in for Dr. ordered testing. Please let me know if this is happening to you or somebody that you know. We are trying to put together a network of volunteers and people needing assistance.

Once again, I hope all of you are doing OK. I missed you last month and will miss you in April as well. Just let me know if you need assistance with anything, either when I mentioned before about getting into and getting help from places, or anything else that the NFB might be of assistance to.

Take care.

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.