[CapChapOhio] June Meeting Minutes

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 20:18:51 UTC 2021

Meeting Date: June 12th, 2021

Start time: 1:01 p.m.

End time: 2:04 p.m.

Attendees: Annette, Misty, Shelby, Bret, John (a vendor associate of
Annette’s), Jordy, and Maggie

Treasurer Report:

No formal treasurer report was given.

Annette shares that the Capitol chapter bank account and PayPal account are
both setup and ready to go. It cost $25 to reinstate the bank account and
an additional $25 to change the address and contact information. We
submitted our monthly PAC plan contribution and donated $100 to the model
project as agreed previously.

Jordy volunteered to reimburse the cost for setting up the bank account and
the associated fees.

Minutes:

Minutes posted by Maggie on the list serve

-        - No questions or additional comments on the Minutes

Motions:

Shelby made a motion to Accept the minutes as they were circulated

Jordy second the motion

Minutes passed by everyone

Old Business: Convention Discussion

Annette reminds the chapter about registering for the 2021 national
convention and gives a brief rundown on the agenda. The official release
date for the agenda is unknown, but should be soon. June 29th is Rookie
Roundup for all members new to the convention experience. Monday night is
the comedy lol show. Tuesday will be seminars during the day and a talent
show at night. Wednesday is the board meetings. Thursday is all the
division meetings during the day and the first night for general session.
Friday is first full day of general sessions. The Ohio affiliate will meet
around 11:00 for the annual caucus meeting. Saturday is the last day of
general sessions and a banquet that night.

Jordy has agreed to print and emboss convention agendas for the Ohio
affiliate. All requests need to be sent to:

jssocil at gmail.com

as soon as possible. Annette will be the first person to receive a braille
copy.

Jordy & Maggie may potentially host a banquet event on July 10th, more
information to be posted on the list serve.

Shelby suggests the chapter donates $25 to each of the following funds;
White Cane, Sun fund, TenBroek, and Jernigan. In addition, send $50 to the
Ohio affiliate as a door prize contribution for the convention.

Jordy shares that the Crowd Compass training was unsuccessful in being
setup because National headquarters was not responsive in returning calls.
Maggie followed up with the news of the Muslim group hosting Zoom training
on June 13th from 4 to 6 p.m. for convention. She will repost the zoom
information on our personal list serve.

Jordy made a motion to send all the monies mentioned.

Maggie second the motion.

Motion was passed by everyone.

New Business: In Person Meetings

Annette wants to know if members are ready to meet in person as of yet and
what is everyone’s comfortability. Jordy has asked Annette to inquire about
our previous meeting place; to know if it’s an option or not.

Annette introduces the idea of potentially changing our meeting location to
a restaurant. Maggie wants the chapter to take noise levels into
consideration for taking meeting minutes in noisy places.

Annette will look further into meeting places and until then, our chapter
will continue to meet virtually.

New business: Legislative Updates

Annette shares the goal to have ¼ of congress supporting the Access
Technology Affordability Act by the end of the month.

Jordy encourages the chapter members to continue to reach out to our local
representatives and senators, especially to those that have personal
contact with legislators, for all four of our bills. He also stresses the
importance of reading the information being circulated on the list serve on
a national and local level, pertaining to our bills.

Annette shares the need for writing letters and calling legislators about
the Parent Rights Bill. She also shares that there is a father currently
fighting for his rights as a blind parent.

Old Business: State Convention

Annette reminds everyone of the dates for state convention; November 5, 6,
and 7. We are still waiting to hear from Richard on our host responsibility.

Jordy shares that the hotel is accepting hotel reservations if people want
to go ahead and book now.

Annette reminds everyone about keeping the Gavel questionnaire in mind.

Maggie starts an open discussion on community service project ideas on an
affiliate level. The final project will be discussed in the next chapter
meeting in August. Collections will take place at the state convention.
Maggie also answered questions about the affiliate cookbook fundraiser and
the outcome for the national community service project with Ronald McDonald
House charity.

Old Business: COTA

Annette is still working on the transportation piece and VRO. If anyone is
interested in being a part of the discussion to let her know.

News & Announcements:

Jordy resigned as the vice president of our chapter and Annette has
appointed Shelby as our new VP.

Maggie inquired about our chapter meetings being public verses private.

Jordy and Shelby toss around ideas about having guest speakers at future
meetings.

Bret shares that Rosemary will be taking part in the bell program this
summer.

Annette plans to work on building up our chapter membership as we come out
of the pandemic.

Our chapter will not meet in July and our next meeting is August 14th.

Meeting closed.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."