[CapChapOhio] August Meeting Minutes

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:45:15 UTC 2021

Meeting Date: August 14th, 2021

Start time: 1:01 p.m.

End time: 2:18 p.m.

Attendees: Annette, Misty, Shelby, Marieka, Carol H., Jordy, and Maggie

Treasurer Report:

No formal treasurer report was given.

Annette shares that the treasurer report will be posted on the Capitol list
serve at a later time. The current amount in the account is about 986.00.

Annette will verify that the money agreed to be donated in June, was
officially sent to the affiliate.

The chapter reimbursed Annette for the cost associated with setting up our
account.

Minutes:

Minutes posted by Maggie on the list serve.

No questions or additional comments on the Minutes

Motions:

Shelby made a motion to Accept the minutes as they were circulated

Jordy second the motion

Minutes passed by everyone

New Business: Convention Highlights

An open discussion on what members enjoyed at the virtual national
convention, along with Annette sharing her enjoyment of the various
seminars earlier in the week. It is also noted that the convention next
year will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana and in Houston, Texas the
following year.

Old Business: In Person Meetings

Jordy makes the suggestion that we continue to host virtual chapter
meetings while COVID-19 numbers are still high. Everyone that is present
also agrees.

New business: Legislative Updates

Annette shares the dates for the Columbus seminar next month; September 19
through 22nd. There will be a board meeting, job seminar, tour of the state
house, and meetings with legislators. If someone needs assistance, visit
the www.nfbohio.org website.

Jordy reminds everyone about the affiliate meeting on Wednesday, August 18th.
He encourages everyone to attend and learn more about what will take place
during the Columbus seminar.

Annette shares that the Columbus seminar and the bills we are working on
getting passed will be the topic for the next Voice Corp show. She also
shares to be mindful that the seminar could become a virtual event and to
stayed tune to the list serve.

New Business: State Convention

Annette shares that the affiliate is still planning to meet in person at
this time. The dates are November 5th through 7th at the DoubleTree in
Columbus-Worthington and to register, visit www.nfbohio.org.

Annette wants to start the conversation about what we want to do as the
host for the state convention, such as hospitality and registration. She
shares that we will reach out for assistance if we need it since we are a
small chapter.

Jordy believes we are capable of hosting. He states that we could
coordinate both pieces once we have more information about guidelines and
allowances. Jordy also believes that whatever we decide to do for
hospitality, it should all be prepackaged, a grab and go environment.

Maggie shares the community service project for the affiliate, to be
collected at the state convention, which is collecting welcome kits and/or
prepackaged snacks for a local domestic violence shelter located in
Columbus, Ohio.

Motion:

Jordy made a motion that the chapter spends $100 in purchasing prepackaged
snacks for the community service project.

Shelby added to the motion that all members donate snacks, as well as,
merchant members within the chapter.

Maggie second the motion.

Donation motion was passed by everyone.

Old Business: COTA

Annette and other members met with DRO regarding complaints with COTA. They
have found that COTA does not have enough drivers and their services for
those with disabilities are poor. However, there is not a clear path of
complaints to move forward. DRO sent a letter to COTA with our concerns,
but are not going to take any additional steps at this time. Annette wants
members to make sure to keep reporting complaints if they experience any
new issues and she will continue to attend the advisory committee meetings.

News & Announcements:

Jordy shares the excitement of Marieka being one of the three scholarship
winners for 2021. He also welcomes her to Ohio and to the federation.

Marieka shares her excitement as a winner and looking forward to being here
in Ohio.

Annette shares it’s time to start working on the gavel award and explains
to the newest members what the gavel award means. She also shares that
there will be a meeting held for how to fill out and write the gavel
questionnaire.

BLAST (Business leadership and superior training) event has been cancelled
for in person meeting.

Annette wants all members to start thinking about what we want to donate to
the convention for door prizes and discuss more about it in September.

Our next meeting will be on Saturday, September 11th at 1 o’clock.

Meeting closed.

Capitol Chapter Meeting invitation
Time: Sep 11, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81784729886?pwd=ZzFjTHFzcnpIdlVnKzZBUWxKY0dxZz09

Meeting ID: 817 8472 9886
Passcode: 272270
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81784729886#,,,,*272270# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,81784729886#,,,,*272270# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)