[CapChapOhio] Our December meeting

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:39:32 UTC 2021

Good morning,

First of all, thanks to all of you that joined us last Saturday at Condado tacos. It was a great time, and very, very good food. I think that is going to become a new place for me and my family. Jordy gets all the kudos for picking it.

I wanted to let everybody know that our regular chapter meeting scheduled for tomorrow is going to be canceled. We were going to use this meeting to discuss possible amendments to our chapters constitution, but due to work schedules,  I was not able to attend. I apologize to everybody for that. I usually would never work during one of our chapter meetings, but right now I am dependent on Phil in and back up drivers to take me to my rest areas to fill the vending machines. The only day I could get a driver this week was for tomorrow.  So, I apologize. I questioned the members of our board about whether they wanted to move forward with the meeting tomorrow, and it was decided that we would just wait until January. So, on January 8 we will all jump in and get back to work.

 In the meantime, I hope all of you have been paying attention to our legislative work. We just received the news yesterday that our parental rights bill has passed through the house. Now we will be focusing on the Senate. I am very optimistic that it will pass through there and this will become law.  For all of you who have written to your representatives and senators, it is much appreciated. Please pay attention to further updates.

If I don’t talk to you before, I hope that everyone of you has a glorious and wonderful holiday season.

Take care.

Annette

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.