[CapChapOhio] Meeting Minutes for August 2022

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:02:07 UTC 2022

Meeting Date: August 6, 2022

Start time: 11:00AM

End time: 12:20PM

Attendees: Annette, Shelby, Maggie, Jordy, Misty, Marieka, MariLyn, and
John.

Minutes:

Minutes posted by Maggie on the list serve.

No discussion on the minutes.

Motions:

Marieka made a motion to Accept the minutes as they were circulated.

Shelby second the motion.

Minutes passed by everyone.

Treasurer Report:

Account Balance: $1,115.86

Donations for the four funds: -$100.00

Total: $1,015.86

Jordy shares that Annette and he will meet this month to finish setting up
the remaining pieces of our bank account information.

Motion:

Shelby made a motion to Accept the treasury report as presented.

Marieka second the motion.

Treasury report passed by everyone.

New Business: Convention Highlights

Annette shares being proud to have all of our chapter’s board members
present in New Orleans.

Marieka had expressed that she had wished there had been more virtual
events for those who were not able to attend in-person.

Shelby shared the wonderful news of our blind-hearted member Caroline
Karbowski winning one of the Jacob Bolotin Award.

There was an observation from a few of our members that there was not many
affiliates or individuals fundraising throughout the general session areas.
All of our members enjoyed the various topics and presentations throughout
the convention.

Post-convention, Annette had a unique opportunity to meet with and exchange
information with the Columbus History & Science Museum as she traveled home
from NOLA.

New Business: Presidential Release

Annette briefly shares the various topics covered during the August
presidential release.

Old Business: Fundraising

John will continue to work on looking into having a wine fundraiser during
the state convention, which turned into an open discussion on having a
popcorn fundraiser this December. Shelby has volunteered to work on the
details.

Motion:

Shelby made a motion for the chapter to have a popcorn fundraiser.

Mary Lynn second the motion.

Motion was passed by everyone.

Old Business: Meeting In-Person

There was an open discussion on trying to have meetings in person again. We
will continue to meet virtually for the next several months. We want to
move our meeting time to ten o'clock on the second Saturdays of the month.

Annette shares that the next meeting will largely be focus on topics such
as ideas for recognizing BEAM and the chapter working together on this
year’s gavel report. She would also like to continue the discussion on how
the chapter plans to contribute to door prizes and the auction for state
convention.

Announcements:

-In-person BELL Camp has been cancelled for Ohio.

-In-person board meeting will be September 17th at 10AM in Independence at
the Doubletree by Hilton.

-Convention registration and hotel reservations are all open and ready.

-Keep Larry Edwards and his family in our thoughts and prayers; his wife
had a stroke.

-Marieka is going to work with Annette on an accessible project with the
Columbus Museum of Arts.

-Mary Lynn provided positive feedback with working with Wells Fargo and
Bank of America as far as accessibility.

-Jordy shares that the AERO organization is hosting an event on October 8th
at OSSB in October, and the possibility of NFB having a presence there.

-Next meeting date and time will be September 10th at 10AM.

Meeting Closed.