[CapChapOhio] Adjusting to blindness seminar

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:16:40 UTC 2024

Hello!

I hope all of you are enjoying your spring so far! I wanted to remind everybody that our next chapter meeting will be a week from Saturday, April 6, at 11 AM at the cornerstone deli at 3296 North High St. Everybody seem to enjoy our meal last time and I am looking forward to going back again.

In the meantime, I have some updates about our adjusting to blindness seminar. Unfortunately, I could not find a space for us to use on an upcoming Saturday. So, we are going to hold it on Friday, April 26.  we are going to use the main conference room at opportunities for Ohioans with disabilities at 150 E. Campus View Blvd. It is on the third floor and it is a nice large room that will fit our needs. I am working on putting together an agenda and starting to spread the word. Please, if any of you know of anybody who could benefit from our seminar, please invite them.  in the meantime, I will need a lot of your help in being peer mentors for our attendees. Please let me know if you would be available on this day, and if so, ideas that you might have for blindness skills that you would like to speak about.  I would not like to wait until our meeting next week though to start planning, so I would like to put together a meeting for those of us who will be helping with this on Monday, April 1, at 6:00 PM. We will not use our Ohio zoom room, but instead use my free conference call line.  The phone number and access code are

267-807-9601

786926268

I will send this information out again before Monday with a one touch mobile that you can use to participate.

I am hoping that this can be a very good seminar that our whole chapter will participate in. Please let me know if you plan to help, and if you can come to the planning meeting on Monday evening. I am sure we will talk about this more at our chapter meeting next week. In the meantime, spread the word, and I look forward to talking to all of you.

Everybody have a great Easter weekend!

Annette.
Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.