[Cash-and-caring] convention activities

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:49:19 UTC 2013

Mark, I agree that we don't want to be prescriptive.  However, we do want to
offer something people can get their teeth into.  For example, would it be
helpful to have an hour session on sponsors and spend some time listing
potentially good sponrs; writing a sponsor letter request; and showing
bennefits to the sponsors.  I think that is one of our weaknesses in many
areas.  There are alternatives, none of which is bad, but nobody thinks of
all of them.  Probably, it is not better to charge a fee or have
participants collect money from their friends and neighbors for an event.
Most events do one or the other.  Is there any value in a discussion about
what constitutes a sponsor versus a donor of food or prizes?  If people want
input on those things, I want to provide a place for it. Do we want to
encourage states with fall conventions (most of them) to plan spring events
with a view to growing them as big as possible? Is the one-hour session
already planned enough for this convention?  I think we could work in
something else if we could find a time, but if we don't decide before the
end of April, I know it will be too late.

Ramona