[Cash-and-caring] Fundraising break out at student leadershipseminar

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:35:08 UTC 2013

I can suggest some ideas that lend themselves particularly to students. 1.
Of course, walk-a-thons are great.  2.   Students have been known to climb
tall buildings for pledges.  3.  Students have been known to get a donation
for every beer or every cupp of coffee sold at a given business on White
Cane Safety Day or Louis Braille's birthday to go to the NFB.  For instance
if coffee sells for 1.50 a cup, a dime donationn per cup on 500 cups during
one day is 50 dollars, but businesses can afford to do something like this.
I am happy to talk with the person that will do the presentation.

The definition of a good fundraiser is something people get behind and
support.  You always learn from experience.  There is a psychology at an
auction of how to organize the items and how high to start the bidding for
best results.  Advanced invitations and building up some items might bring
better attendance and income at the Washington DC auction.  Getting the
crowd is a huge part of any event.

In Idaho students could make money by offering to sell hours of instruction
to folks who do not use the computer as well as the students do.

I certainly  hope this item will not be removed from the agenda. Students
have enthusiasm, and that is what is needed to raise money.   Let me know
what I can do. All it takes is one person who is excited, and others will
follow.

Ramona