[Cash-and-caring] Updates from Texas

Richie Flores flores.richie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:49:00 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,
I haven't seen much here lately, and I hope that just means, we're
working on more money for the NFB.
In Texas, this September, we're entering into our ninth year $40,000
contract with the Division of Blind Services to manage a 12-pair
mentoring program.  For the last four years, it has been obligated
towards an Austin-based initiative, but now we are proud to say we
have negotiated a 12-pair statewide project.  It is our plan to make
sure we have a mentoring pair in each of our chapters and divisions
Here's a copy of our contract.
.
ALS: Wow! I can't believe their creativity with the ice bucket
challenge.  I've got to give it to them no cost, one great thought,
and  lots of cash!!!
We can do it too, I know we can!

--
Richie Flores