[Cash-and-caring] New to list

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:22:23 UTC 2015

Michelle,

Hi.

Our chapter does Wal-mart and Sam's Club meet and greets. These are large
stores. We are able to set a table up outside the main entrances, and we
usually sell an item like candy or baked goods, and we have brochures to
hand out. We bring in a majority of our funds from meet and greets, which we
do about 3 times a year. It's an opportunity to do fundraising and outreach
at the same time.

We just had our state convention , and our chapter did a raffle for a
fundraiser. We raffled off a $100 Visa gift card. It was a popular raffle,
and for next year, I think we will try to allow people outside our affiliate
to purchase chances. We just couldn't figure out the PayPal button in time
this year.

We are desperate though to come up with fresh, creative fundraising ideas.
Selling things has not always gone over well in our group, especially when
selling to the general public. And I want our fundraisers to also be
outreach opportunities.

Bridgit