[Cash-and-caring] ideas

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 20:51:56 UTC 2016

Hello Colleagues:

     The Oregon affiliate has had some success with sending out mailings to estate planners and funeral directors. It takes time for the results, but it is well worth it.

     Other chapters have had success selling Sees chocolate. Recently, our At Large chapter has done very well. This does require setting up outside of stores such as Walmart. I understand Walmart is changing their rules, so this will alter how candy sales work. I advise against selling chocolate in the summer.

     When I lived in Baltimore, the Greater Baltimore chapter sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts outside a Walmart and gave away literature. The sale worked, but if you get too many doughnuts, you loose money since they go stale quickly. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss, Affiliate Secretary

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon

Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:rjaquiss at earthlink.net" rjaquiss at earthlink.net