[Cash-and-caring] IABS IDOL

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Wed Dec 21 12:54:01 UTC 2016

Our student chapter on Friday night of convention has a fun fundraiser patterned onIdol. It is a talent or lack of talent contest. Each person pays a $5 entry fee that gives them their first ticket to perform. Each performance costs $5 after that first one. People can choose their music. Karaoke with or without the vocals are usual but some people bring their own instruments.  We have three judges, NABS rep,  National rep, and a guest. The performances keep coming. There is a battle of the chapters when each chapter sings something from a theme. This year it was sports. In fact the chapter that wins that battle gets to pick the theme for the battle next year. The judges comment after each performance which can be quite fun and funny. There is also an individual winner who gets a gift card. Our students have done quite well with this.  The beauty is that this fund raiser takes only three or so people to run it well.

Disclaimer